10 Rounds with Don Jernberg
As our part-time telemarketer for the last 13 years, Don has seen All Elements’ grow to become the successful business we are today. From our humble beginnings in John & Tara Thurber’s garage, to a mixed use industrial building in Brooklyn Park and beyond, he’s stuck with us through it all! Infamous, benevolent and loyal, Don consistently keeps us in front of new prospective customers.
1. What is one thing you would like building owners to know about (making repairs to) their roof?
While I don’t physically get on clients’ roofs, I do know that the longer you put off repairs, the more expensive they become.
2. What are the most common problems you see?
From my desk, the biggest problem I hear about is shrinking EPDM (Rubber) membranes.
3. What are the worst things to put off repairing?
All of the problems you see on a flat roof usually become more expense if left un-repaired.
4. How long have you been in roofing?
I’ve been with All Elements, Inc. for 13 years.
5. What is one thing you’ve done at All Elements that has made you feel the best about doing it?
One of my calls was to a manufacturer of concrete and garbage trucks; it lead to many large roofing projects.
6. What’s one roof “hack” you want to share?
Because I am not allowed on roofs, my “hack” would be: when in doubt, call All Elements, Inc.
7. What project is the one you will always remember?
Second Harvest Heartland, it was the first large project that came from my marketing.
8. What’s one piece of safety advise?
Be aware of your surroundings when you are on the roof.
9. What’s your favorite lunch spot you’ve discovered?
Nordski Nook in Osseo, WI.
10. What’s your favorite song on the radio right now?
American Solider by Toby Keith