10 Questions with Paul Levisee, Roof Consultant
- What is one thing you would like building owners to know about (making repairs to) their roof? Be proactive, not reactive.
- What’s the most common problem you see? Not doing proper research of a contractor. Cheapest isn’t always the best.
- What are the worst things to put off repairing? Curbs, and when EPDM walls are “tenting” badly.
- How long have you been in roofing? 10 years.
- What is the thing you’ve done at All Elements that has made you feel the best about doing it? Making the transition from field to office.
- What’s one roof “hack” you want to share? Bungee the ladder to the building–you never know when the wind will pick up.
- What project is the one you will always remember? American Crystal Sugar. FM Global Standards requirements, logistics of deliveries of materials, movement of crew from one roof to another with tools, removal of existing materials from roof to ground from high elevations, and having to fasten into I beams at a high rate.
- What’s one piece of safety advice? Walk carefully on any type of single-ply membrane when it’s wet.
- What’s your favorite lunch spot you’ve discovered? Raising Cane’s.
- What’s your favorite song on the radio right now? I don’t listen to much new music, I listen to the KFAN morning show a lot.